Elite Lighting is a leading manufacturer of architectural, commercial, industrial, and residential lighting that impacts the industry nationwide. Elite is known for the relationships we form with our partners, as well as our quality, shipping, and competitive pricing. Our focus is recessed lighting and commercial interior lighting, and our products are reliable, innovative, and high-performing. We provide services in engineering, lighting design and consultancy, quotations, product selection and availability, customer service, technical support, marketing, and web design. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, and rewarding. We offer training, career development, and upward mobility to the right candidates. As a family-owned business in operation since 1998, we function with the heart of an independently owned business but with the growth and scale of a large corporation. Elite Lighting fosters a safe, clean environment and we have implemented the necessary safety precautions and cleaning procedures to keep our employees safe and healthy. If you have a can-do attitude and the willingness to put in the hard work to see results develop over time, we encourage you to apply!
Job Title: Quotations Specialist
Reports to: Quotations Department Manager
Job Type: Full-Time, In Person (No Remote)
Location: Commerce, CA
Lighting company based in Commerce, CA looking for an experienced Quotations Specialist with excellent communication skills. The candidate must have a positive attitude, be prepared to multitask, and adapt well to change.
This position plays a critical role in the profitability of the organization and as such, requires a seasoned candidate with the skill to make sound business decisions that are in the best interests of the company and its clientele.
**Serious applicants only, this is not an entry-level position. We desire applicants who want to remain at this position long-term. We are the direct employer.**
The Quotations Specialist ensures the satisfaction of our customers by providing the highest quality of service to each customer. This position is primarily responsible for providing project pricing to customers and the company sales staff, as well as marketing the company’s product brands.
Quotations Specialist Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain excellent attendance and reports promptly for work on all workdays to ensure the department has the maximum support needed; complies with the maximum amount of time allotted for lunch and rest breaks.
- Quoting product prices, delivery specifications, and payment terms and offering substitute products where appropriate.
- Creates custom quotations and makes product recommendations to increase business.
- Prepare lighting product quotes following company guidelines for quantity and regional pricing margins.
- Gathers marketing information regarding customers, competitors, and pricing.
- Implements sales strategies set forth by senior management.
- Maintains and establishes good customer relationships.
- Will assist with quoting customers to help win job bids.
- Comply with all company-mandated policies and procedures.
- Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers.
- Keeps abreast of changing trends in the lighting industry by attending product training, seminars, and vendor training to maintain and enhance product knowledge.
- Gains familiarity of the day-to-day operations of the business and participates in improving operations by offering potential alternatives to existing methods.
- Answer all phone calls directed to Quotations promptly and professionally. Employee must promptly answer all email inquiries within a 24-hour time frame.
- Promote increased sales and stocking capacity for assigned new and existing customers.
- Resolve incoming requests/issues from customers professionally, promptly, and thoroughly. For issues that may be more complex, the employee will work with upper management to find a reasonable solution to each.
- Interact with customers, vendors, partners, and employees of other departments in a professional and respectful manner. Position requires a high level of interaction with the Shipping, Assembly, Order Entry, and Accounts Receivable Departments.
- Other duties assigned.
Quotations Specialist Qualifications:
- Some college credits, preferably in electrical engineering but candidates with mechanical, or structural engineering degrees are welcome.
- High school degree.
- Type a minimum of 45 WPM.
- Willingness to undergo product and computer application training.
- Prior experience working in an office setting
- Candidates familiar with electrical, electronic, lighting products, or those who are technically inclined are preferred.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal skills, and the ability to drive decisions with influence.
- Three or more years’ prior experience in lighting and controls quotation.
- Familiarity with OASIS and Title 24 technicalities preferred.
- Basic arithmetic/accounting knowledge
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, and use of the Internet.
Personal characteristics. The Quotations Specialist should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
- Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
- Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interests of the organization.
- Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions that are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Positive Demeanor: Exhibit a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude towards customers and be sensitive to their needs—be extremely service-oriented.
- Effective Marketer: Consider all aspects of selling including vendor relationships, profit and loss concepts, and long and short-term goals of the company.
- Discretion and Confidentiality: This position plays a critical role as a liaison between customers and senior marketing management. Candidates must have the utmost discretion, reasoning, and sound logic to interpret competing demands. The candidate must also have respect for the sensitive nature of customer information such as bids, pricing, existing jobs, etc.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities. Able to meet deadlines consistently.
- Solve Problems: Assess complex issues and situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
- Employee works in a temperature-regulated environment inside the office section for a conventional desk job, using a computer and typing on a keyboard for most of the day.
- 90-Day Trial Period
Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM with two 10-minute breaks and an unpaid lunch between 12:45 PM to 1:30 PM.
We are committed to career development and incorporate learning opportunities for the right candidate to be able to master duties and responsibilities of their role.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive health, dental, vision, and life insurance through Kaiser, Health Net, Guardian, and Principal
- 6 major holidays paid through the year (you must work the day before and after the holiday)
- Up to 24 hours of sick pay in one year, accrued at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked and available for use after 90 days of consecutive employment
- We offer great opportunity for growth for high-performing individuals
- We offer a performance-based year-end bonus
- We have a diverse work environment with a family feel, and we have monthly birthday celebrations
- We offer 401K through Principal; eligibility begins after a 3-month probationary period
- Covid-19-related pay to employees where applicable by law
Covid-19 Health & Safety Precautions
Face masks are required of all employees at all times, temperature of all employees is checked on arrival, and physical social distancing is enforced. The office has plexiglass dividers installed in between workspaces as a safeguard. We supply hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes to employees.
*****Please NO THIRD PARTY CALLS. Employment agencies may not call, email, or contact us in response to this ad in any way.*****