Order Picker – Warehouse
Elite Lighting is a leading manufacturer of architectural, commercial, industrial, and residential lighting that impacts the industry nationwide. Elite is known for the relationships we form with our partners, as well as our quality, shipping, and competitive pricing. Our focus is recessed lighting and commercial interior lighting, and our products are reliable, innovative, and high-performing. We provide services in engineering, lighting design and consultancy, quotations, product selection and availability, customer service, technical support, marketing, and web design. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, and rewarding. We offer training, career development, and upward mobility to the right candidates. As a family-owned business in operation since 1998, we function with the heart of an independently owned business but with the growth and scale of a large corporation. Elite Lighting fosters a safe, clean environment and we have implemented the necessary safety precautions and cleaning procedures to keep our employees safe and healthy. If you have a can-do attitude and the willingness to put in the hard work to see results develop over time, we encourage you to apply!
Job Title: Order Picker – Warehouse
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Commerce, CA
We are looking for an energetic Order Picker to ensure the accurate and timely delivery of products. You will operate warehouse equipment to build and send appropriate orders. An order picker must always be on time and able to work long hours on their feet. They are physically strong and must be able to physically pull inventory from the shelves, while maintaining high attention to detail. We expect you to be extremely “picky” and detail-oriented when it comes to ensuring the quality and accuracy of orders.
- Receive and check incoming pick tickets
- Locate products using technology
- Retrieve orders according to quantity, size, etc., to ensure accuracy
- Build pallets with orders and position them on loading docks
- Wrap orders before loading onto trucks
- Re-stock inventory manually or with warehouse equipment
- Keep records of completed orders
- Maintain equipment and identify and report malfunctions
- Adhere to health and safety policies and standards of quality
- Proven experience as an order picker or other warehouse-based position
- Experience or license in handling forklifts, pallet jacks and other warehouse equipment
- Experience in voice–picking systems or RF scanning devices
- Able to read and write in English
- Great attention to detail
- Diligent and punctual
- Good physical strength and stamina
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred
We are committed to career development and incorporate learning opportunities for the right candidate to be able to master duties and responsibilities of their role.
- Competitive health, dental, vision, and life insurance through Kaiser, Health Net, Guardian, and Principal
- 6 major holidays paid through the year (you must work the day before and after the holiday)
- Up to 24 hours of sick pay in one year, accrued at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked and available for use after 90 days of consecutive employment
- We offer great opportunity for growth for high-performing individuals
- We offer a performance-based year-end bonus
- We have a diverse work environment with a family feel, and we have monthly birthday celebrations
- We offer 401K through Principal; eligibility begins after a 3-month probationary period
- Covid-19-related pay to employees where applicable by law
- Submit your resume for consideration OR
- Apply in person at: 5424 East Slauson Avenue in Commerce, CA 90040 OR
- Please call HR: 323 888 1973 from the hours of 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM, and 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM Monday through Thursday with any questions.
- Serious applicants ONLY.
- The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
- We verify work authorization and conduct thorough background screenings.
- Must read and speak basic English.
- Year-end performance-based bonus.
- No third party calls please, agencies–We will hire direct ONLY.
- Applying and/or interviewing DOES NOT MEAN YOU WILL BE HIRED. You apply at your own will, we do not guarantee employment.
- Please allow a minimum of two hours for the application process, we may have you perform a working interview WITH pay.
- Please expect drug screening and reference checks as a condition of employment!!!
- The company follows a federal drug-free work environment!
Covid-19 Health & Safety Precautions
Face masks are required of all employees at all times, temperature of all employees is checked on arrival, and physical social distancing is enforced.