Customer Service/Project Management Representative
Elite Lighting is a leading manufacturer of architectural, commercial, industrial, and residential lighting that impacts the industry nationwide. Elite is known for the relationships we form with our partners, as well as our quality, shipping, and competitive pricing. Our focus is recessed lighting and commercial interior lighting, and our products are reliable, innovative, and high-performing. We provide services in engineering, lighting design and consultancy, quotations, product selection and availability, customer service, technical support, marketing, and web design. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, and rewarding. We offer training, career development, and upward mobility to the right candidates. As a family-owned business in operation since 1998, we function with the heart of an independently owned business but with the growth and scale of a large corporation. Elite Lighting fosters a safe, clean environment and we have implemented the necessary safety precautions and cleaning procedures to keep our employees safe and healthy. If you have a can-do attitude and the willingness to put in the hard work to see results develop over time, we encourage you to apply!
Job Title: Customer Service/Project Management Representative
Department: Customer Service
Job Type: Full-Time, In Person (No Remote)
Location: Commerce, CA
The Customer Service/Project Management Representative ensures the satisfaction of our customers by providing the highest quality of service. Their aim is to provide excellent customer service and to promote this idea throughout the company. The Customer Service/Project Management Representative interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services, and to resolve issues that develop in the day-to-day operations. The representative must comply with the customer service role as the “advocate” of our customers at all times within the scope of company policies and procedures.
· Maintain good attendance and reports promptly for work on all workdays to ensure the department has the maximum support needed; complies with the maximum amount of time allotted for lunch and rest breaks.
· Comply with all company-mandated policies and procedures.
· Keep accurate records of discussions or correspondence with customers.
· Answer all phone calls directed to Customer Service promptly and professionally. Answer all email inquiries within a 24-hour timeframe. Calls and emails will mainly relate to helping customers with product questions, price inquiries, stock checks, provide accurate order lead times, minor technical support, shipping rate quotes, and providing shipment tracking information.
· Promote increased sales and stocking capacity for assigned new and existing customers.
· Expedite customer samples, track these samples through to delivery; follow up with customers receiving samples to influence the sale in favor of Elite.
· Resolve incoming requests/issues from customers professionally, promptly, and thoroughly. Few issues may be more complex; employee will work with upper management to find a reasonable solution for each.
· Provide minor product troubleshooting, and general follow-up as needed.
· Interact with employees of other departments in a professional and respectful manner. Position requires a high level of interaction with Shipping, Assembly, Order Entry, and Accounts Receivable.
· Review purchase orders received directly through email for accuracy of part number and price. If inconsistencies are found, customer must be contacted for clarification or adjustment.
· Enter sample orders as needed
· Track high priority orders for customers to make sure promised lead times and delivery schedules are followed. This will require strong follow-up with purchasing, data entry, and assembly teams.
· Organizes to-do list by continuously monitoring incoming email, tracking priority orders, monitoring open orders, and calling customers. Employee will run weekly reports to monitor orders assigned to his/her respective regional sales team.
· Other duties as needed.
· Must type a minimum of 45 WPM
· Candidates with electrical or electronic-related work, or who are technically-inclined are preferred
· High School Diploma required/bachelor’s degree preferred
· 5 years MINIMUM of Customer Service experience in an office setting
· Candidates with experience in Sales, Marketing, or Production are preferred
· Must have knowledge of the basics of a purchase order
· Must have knowledge of warehousing principles
· Must have simple arithmetic/accounting knowledge
· Proficient with the Internet
· Basic knowledge of MS Suite, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook
· Serious applicants only, we’re looking for a long-term candidate looking for a company to call “home.”
· Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
· Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
· Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
· Lead: Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization.
· Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
· Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
· Solve Problems: Assess problems to identify the cause, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
· Employee works in a heat/cold-controlled environment inside the office section of headquarters using a computer, monitor, and keyboard for most of the day.
· Uses phone and email to communicate with customers
· May “chat” and meet with customers in-person on occasion
· 90-Day Trial Period
Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 4:30 PM with two 10-minute breaks and an unpaid lunch between 12:45 PM to 1:30 PM.
We are committed to career development and incorporate learning opportunities for the right candidate to be able to master duties and responsibilities of their role.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive health, dental, vision, and life insurance through Kaiser, Health Net, Guardian, and Principal
- 6 major holidays paid through the year (you must work the day before and after the holiday)
- Up to 24 hours of sick pay in one year, accrued at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked and available for use after 90 days of consecutive employment
- We offer great opportunity for growth for high-performing individuals
- We offer a performance-based year-end bonus
- We have a diverse work environment with a family feel, and we have monthly birthday celebrations
- We offer 401K through Principal; eligibility begins after a 3-month probationary period
- Covid-19-related pay to employees where applicable by law
Covid-19 Health & Safety Precautions
Face masks are required of all employees at all times, temperature of all employees is checked on arrival, and physical social distancing is enforced. The office has plexiglass dividers installed in between workspaces as a safeguard. We supply hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes to employees.