Lighting sales and marketing representative for Southern California region
Lighting sales and marketing representative needed for a momentous and concentrated sales effort in the Southern California region. Serious applicants only please! Only sales sharks need apply.
Rewarding sales role for immediate hire, the ideal candidate possesses a natural desire to dominate the assigned territory, bring new opportunities, and have a progressive mindset even through setbacks. If this describes you, you are the salesperson for this job!!
Job Title: Lighting Sales and Marketing Representative
Reports to: Sales Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt or Exempt
The successful candidate will:
- Have effective contacts and relationships with distributors and specifiers in the lighting industry within the Southern California region.
- Have a solid understanding of the market potential and demonstrate a clear plan on yielding results from this potential.
- Generate new business opportunities.
- Demonstrate a general understanding of and develop relationships with specification sales and distributors.
- Possess the drive and creativity to increase sales opportunities in various markets through diversified and creative mediums.
- Succeed independently within a fast-paced, dynamic, and sometimes unpredictable work environment.
- Maintain relevance with existing customers through continuous communication by email, phone, and Zoom.
- Establish a long-term and stable employment relationship with an employer who will train and educate the right candidate about the thriving world of the lighting industry.
- Practice exceptional communication skill. The applicant must have the comfort to communicate with customers, sales representatives, vendors, and staff confidently and assertively.
- Practice exceptional organizational skill with great attention to detail.
- Practice exceptional writing skill. Marketing and sales is an art that requires wisely selecting coherent, well-structured language to present opportunities in the best perspective. Candidates are encouraged to submit samples of self-authored effective letters.
- Practice discretion; Possess a demeanor to maintain confidentiality of issues relating to pricing, networks, developing technologies, and other sensitive data.
- Demonstrate leadership traits: Possess an outgoing, charismatic, sociable, and can-do attitude that will naturally influence and lead others.
- Have or demonstrate the equivalent of a Bachelor’s Degree in Sales & Marketing, Sales Management, Communications, Business Administration, or other field of study that prepares the candidate for a specialized sales role within a business setting.
- Possess analytical skills and creativity to successfully market promotions.
- Work cooperatively in a dynamic group.
- Adapt to multi-tasking. The individual must easily transition from one task to the next within a fast-paced work environment.
- Interact with employees of other departments in a professional and respectful manner.
- Demonstrate good work ethic marked by reliability, punctuality, professionalism, diligence, and strong follow-up skill.
- Work closely with the respective regional sales team, ensuring updates are provided on a daily basis.
- Demonstrate good and intuitive skill to prioritize assignments and organize projects.
- Fulfill other duties as needed.
- Previous sales experience, a minimum of 3 years preferred
- Lighting industry applicants preferred
- Must Type a Minimum 35 WPM
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Preferably, have some knowledge of Electrical, Electronic, or be Technically Savvy
- Must be comfortable making cold calls
- Must know how to produce presentations via Zoom, Teams or GoToMeeting
- Good follow up skills, to follow on emails, quotations and leads
- Experience with Designers, Architects and Engineers
- Bachelors or the work experience of one in Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Management or a Related Field
- Local travel required.
About the Work:
- We open our facility Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 5:30 PM.
- Mid to high level position, this is not an entry-level position.
- Job Type: Full-time
- Position is available for immediate hire.
- Most competitive salary and commission structures.
- Competitive health, dental, vision, and life plans.
- Performance-based individual incentives.
- Six major holidays paid through the year.
- Performance-based bonus at year-end.
- Retirement-plan eligible upon completion of a 90-day trial period
- Paid time off
- Great upward mobility within the company.
About the Position:
Lighting sales and marketing representatives are expected to have excellent customer service, radiate enthusiasm and charm, have strong follow-up skills, and utilize an organizational system that assists with ensuring deadlines are met and customer queries answered timely. The role is best suited to an individual who can work both within the context of a team and self-directed. In this fast-paced and competitive work environment, the candidate must maintain current on the latest lighting trends and technology, assist workshops, seminars, and collaborate with our technical teams to absorb information. The candidate must demonstrate professionalism, charm, good diplomacy, a growth mindset, and overall positivity with any projects assigned.
As an industry leader in specification, distributor and contractor lighting sales, Elite Lighting has helped create effective lighting solutions for a wide variety of clientele.
This position is crucial to maintaining and developing new business in partnership with the internal team as well as external customers within our market.
Elite Lighting is a renowned lighting manufacturer with specialty lines in architectural, commercial, and residential lighting products. Elite Lighting has distribution centers throughout the United States and internationally. We have been around for over 25 years. The organization’s employees recognize the outstanding leadership opportunities offered, the family dynamic, competitive pay, expansionist objectives, and overall strategies employed to maintain a strong customer support base, even through a global pandemic.***Salary is commensurate with experience. Please submit a resume for consideration.***
About the Company:
Company is based in Commerce, CA.
Please go online for more information about the products we offer:
Inside Sales Rep/Business Development Specialist
Elite Lighting is a leading manufacturer of architectural, commercial, industrial, and residential lighting that impacts the industry nationwide. Elite is known for the relationships we form with our partners, as well as our quality, shipping, and competitive pricing. Our focus is recessed lighting and commercial interior lighting, and our products are reliable, innovative, and high-performing. We provide services in engineering, lighting design and consultancy, quotations, product selection and availability, customer service, technical support, marketing, and web design. Our culture is fast-paced, collaborative, and rewarding. We offer training, career development, and upward mobility to the right candidates. As a family-owned business in operation since 1998, we function with the heart of an independently owned business but with the growth and scale of a large corporation. Elite Lighting fosters a safe, clean environment and we have implemented the necessary safety precautions and cleaning procedures to keep our employees safe and healthy. If you have a can-do attitude and the willingness to put in the hard work to see results develop over time, we encourage you to apply!
Job Title: Inside Sales Representative/Business Development Specialist
Reports to: National Sales Manager
Job Type: Full-Time, In Person (No Remote)
Location: Commerce, CA
Applicants are encouraged to complete the assessment tests that accompany this job advertisement.
Who we are:
Lighting manufacturer and distributor with a large presence in the Southern California region.
About the Position
We are looking for Business Development Specialist/Inside Sales Representatives who are relentless, ambitious, aggressive and hungry.
We are looking for a friendly, well-spoken Business Development Specialist/Inside Sales Representative to assist our company in expanding our customer base. Responsibilities include generating potential leads, soliciting potential customers, facilitating sales, and connecting customers with the right salesperson.
To be successful, you should have excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. You should also demonstrate the ability to meet deadlines and have a strong sales aptitude.
Ideal Candidate Qualities:
We are looking for self-motivated, competitive, and knowledgeable individuals. The most successful representatives can identify the problem to solve, using solution-selling in the initial pitch to prospects. There will be a high volume of leads to work from so we would love for you to bring your organized, structured business development process to the team. Ideally, you maintain a sense of urgency and rapid response cadence in following up on all in-bound inquiries and marketing campaigns—and as a strong performer, set the bar high.
· Successful completion of coursework in sales techniques, marketing, and communication may be advantageous.
· Strong communication, interpersonal, teamworking, and customer service skills.
· Good time management and analytical skills.
· Good telephone etiquette and computer literacy skills.
· New customer acquisition capacity.
· Comfortable making cold calls (Prospecting lighting distributors across the USA via Phone and Email)
· Making follow-up calls and sending follow-up e-mails.
· Technical Support and Customer Service experience is preferred
· Helps develop specification sets for customer quotes for commercial, architectural, hospitality, residential, and other lighting projects.
· Maintains master specifications online related to the Elite Lighting product portfolio.
· Mines CMD or Construct Connect for project opportunities.
· Utilizes software to search for and analyze commercial project data and offers insights and recommendations to the sales team regarding sales opportunities.
· Interfaces with customers and Elite’s sales and production as needed to provide product data and specifications.
· Interfaces with customers specifying Elite Lighting as needed to provide product data and specifications. Provides advanced product and technical assistance to customers over the phone, through electronic communication, or in person.
· Focused on determining the customer’s specification needs and criteria and identifying the best Elite Lighting solutions to meet those needs.
We are committed to career development and incorporate learning opportunities for the right candidate to be able to master duties and responsibilities of their role.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive health, dental, vision, and life insurance through Kaiser, Health Net, Guardian, and Principal
- 6 major holidays paid through the year (you must work the day before and after the holiday)
- Up to 24 hours of sick pay in one year, accrued at 1 hour for every 30 hours worked and available for use after 90 days of consecutive employment
- We offer great opportunity for growth for high-performing individuals
- We offer a performance-based year-end bonus
- We have a diverse work environment with a family feel, and we have monthly birthday celebrations
- We offer 401K through Principal; eligibility begins after a 3-month probationary period
- Covid-19-related pay to employees where applicable by law
Covid-19 Health & Safety Precautions
Face masks are required of all employees at all times, temperature of all employees is checked on arrival, and physical social distancing is enforced. The office has plexiglass dividers installed in between workspaces as a safeguard. We supply hand sanitizer and alcohol wipes to employees.